Photobucket

Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm back

I have been gone way to long from this blog. I feel like I abandoned it so it's time to pick up the pace again.
Since my last blog, I have not played too much poker but what I have played took a lot of energy. After my 3rd place finish at my families home game, I played some cash games with my brothers where I was up and down. I was able to come out firing early and steal a lot of blinds. I also make a lot of continuation bets and was able to take down pots using such madness.
Chad Hurst finally caught on after I kept showing bluff and bluff to put him on tilt. He raised me one hand with nothing and I got caught, but I was able to use that to my advantage once the big hand showed up and Chad came along for the ride.

After that, I started playing a lot of tournaments online at FullTiltPoker.com. The first game I played was a $10 PL Omaha Hi with re-buys and 1 add-on. I used 2 rebuys and the add-on for a total of $40 into the game. Winner of the game would take home over $900 while to top 18 got paid. I played for about 4 hours before busting out in the top 25.

It sucked because I was so close to the money, but it was a good game, I thought I played well and my time will come.
Next up was a $1 NLHE game with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on. Again, I used the rebuy and the add-on for a total of $3 spent. This game had over 600 people in the game and when all the dust settled, I came in 9th. 9th out of 600 which means a final table. This was huge and I felt really good about my play. I was able to get into some cheap pots and lay down my hand when I knew I was beat. I was able to maximze my winnings while minimizing my loses. The final hand was a tough pill to swallow but finishing 9th was well worth the 4 hours I played.
Other than that, I played a few cash game hands over the last 2 weeks and that's about all the poker I have played. Last night, I played 3 $10 + $1 SnG's, finished 3rd, 1st, and 3rd. They were 6 man games, so the 3rd and 3rd got me no money, but the 1st payout left me ahead. Again, very satisfied with my playing as I was able to control a lot of my own action and trap a lot of players with their Ace rag. I think the best thing I did last night which gave me good finishes was that I took a lot of notes on different players and instead of saying "this guy raises with Ace/race", I would keep notes like "this guy played this hand this way with this flop". The notes were more detailed. I used it to my advantage a lot.

Another thing that has started is the World Series of Poker. I have been following the games online and a lot of the big named pros have been non-existent. However, the $10K PLHE game had an amazing final table and I can't wait to watch it on TV.

With the WSOP comes Full Tilt's "Mini Series of Poker". The games started May 30 and will go until July 5th, when the $100 + $9 NLHE game will be played with a guaranteed prize pool of $250,000. I'm about 90% sure the prize pool will greatly exceed $250K. My thought is that there will be about 4000 players involved in the main event.

From now until then however, there are a lot of games being played daily and I have decided to play some of them. Here is my schedule of games:

Event Date Time (EST) Game Guaranteed Prize Pool
6 June 3rd 20:20 $15 + $1.50 Omaha Hi/Lo $3,000
15 June 8th 15:20 $10 + $1 NL Hold 'em $5,000
39 June 21st 15:20 $15 + $1.50 NL Hold 'em $7,500
49 June 28th 15:20 $15 + $1.50 NL Hold 'em $5,000
50 June 29th 15:20 $100 + $9 PL Omaha $20,000
54 July 5th 18:00 $100 + $9 NL Hold 'em $250,000
Events 50 and 54 will be decided on how well I am playing. The events leading up to those will cost me a total of $60 with the change to win some big prize pools. Like I said, I think all of the guarantees will be exceeded as there is also a watch up for grabs that will let everyone know you were a MSOP winner. It's not the WSOP yet, but I'm excited for this.
That's it for now. Cheers.

No comments:

RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback