Photobucket

Monday, May 19, 2008

Change of pace and scenary

I have been away for awhile as far as poker comes so I guess I should fill you in on what has been going on. The poker league finished season 1 a couple weeks ago. We had 2 games to finish everything up on Tuesday, May 6th. It ended up coming down to the final game and literally, the final hand as to who won. There was a 3 way tie going into 3 handed action during the final game. The winner of game 2 went on to win the points and the big money. $80 paid out to the points winner with 2nd and 3rd place money being added together and split evenly to pay out the tie for 2nd place.

All in all it was a good time. There are many things that are going to be changed for the next season and that will include rules, chip stacks, blinds, and the introduction of antes. I think having the antes added in will create more pots and will get players to see more flops instead of just folding around until they get AA in the hole. Afterall, after the 5th level, it's going to cost you $100 just to see that AA in the hole. So we will see. I will start posting the points on this page so everyone can see them and the players involved will not be breathing over my shoulder and bugging me every Monday when the points get updated.

What else....I took a break from poker for a bit after the May 6th game. I was having a bad streak online and just not feeling well about my game. I took this time to catch on some Grand Theft Auto, baseball, and some reading. As I mentioned before, I read Kid Poker's book and now I am on the finishing pages of Gus Hansen's newest book "Every Hand Revealved". It's a great look into the Aussie Millions in which Gus took home the $1.5 Million prize.

Reading this book has helped me to understand playing the player and not the cards a little better. I am also learning more when it comes to pot odds and implied odds, such as, though you are getting 4 to 1 to call a bet, are you getting 4 to 1 to hit the card you need. So if it is $500 to call into a $2000 pot and the only card out there for you to hit is the only 5 left in the deck, do you call?

Anyways, I have just got back into playing online again and I played a live game the other night here with my family. I am back in Indiana for now so playing here is a lot different then playing in Minnesota. I know how these players play more often, very predictable. I took 3rd in the game we played Saturday night. I was in control going into 3 handed, but doubled up Kalvin on a race. All in all, a good game and I was VERY satisfied with my play.

Hopefully the end of May and a new month will bring some more ups. See you then.

No comments:

RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback